Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Misc.

You're probably thinking- "Jeez what's up with all the gazebos pictures....always with the gazebo!"
I marvel at this little Kitty Hawk Bay with as many moods as a teenager. This morning- placid. Smooth as glass. So more non-gardeny gazebo pictures.
Back to signs of spring...
1. dos dientes de león Surely this is a good sign!

2. Two clumps of daffodils appeared nearly overnight!
3. Daytona
4. Spring Training
5. No more football on TV

In other news, my kids always tease me about driving around with my camera at the ready...and today I was richly rewarded for absorbing their kidding. Behind the Walmart, where a large man made retention pond is situated, a gorgeous Bald Eagle was perched high up in a dead tree.
Since my camera was at the ready, I pulled to the side, flipped on my blinkers and watched as he regally surveyed the area for a tasty morsel.
How cool is that!

No comments: