Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Friday, December 28, 2012

After Christmas Lull....

 

 A lazy day in the after Christmas energy lull. Spent the day working on projects, analyzing data, then took a ride to change the scenery a bit. Usually when I have a camera the eagle at the end of the road is no where to be seen. Today- a lucky day to have camera and eagle in one spot with a gorgeous blue sky behind.

 It's the day before the full moon and again I was lucky to spy the just before sunset rise of the moon. It was such a pretty sight across the newly planted field of annual rye grass- contrast of bright green and sky-blue pink with the moon shining brightly even in the early twilight.
 There is something about the moon that has me mesmerized.

 The mailman brought a smile to my face with "The Cook's Garden"  catalogue, setting off dreams of late February and March and getting out into the garden to prepare. These cuties caught my eye, "Cherry Stuffer" sweet not hot. Lots more goodies in this book, will take several reviews to catch them all.
 After using a gift certificate from a friend at a favorite Thai place, I set about working on my mystery quilt. I am behind, but hopeful that the weekend of predicted rain will get me caught up to the current "clue." It's a scrappy christmas colored quilt.

Hoping the clouds and the tickle in my throat stay away this evening long enough for some full moon pictures once again!

No comments: