Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Snowdrops Brighten a Foggy Day!

It was a drippy, foggy, gloomy morning...but made for a few cool pictures..


Visibility was poor, in some spots near zero, so much so that I drove past my turn in Wanchese on the way to a quilting day with friends, though I have been there many times.
I saw a little clump of spring green when I made a dash in to the convenience store....

I had a happy day of sewing and laughing with friends before packing up my machine. As I started out towards home...my eyes zeroed in on....
...a joyful little clump of snowdrops blooming in Wanchese!!!!


And when I thought is was a fluke...I saw ANOTHER clump on Bay Drive in KDH....my spirits lifted, Spring can't be too far away!

No comments: