Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Monday, August 3, 2009

Another Place I Like!

You have to be a bit motivated to get there, but I always find something or another when I go to Nature's Harmony Garden Center on Shipyard Road in Mann's Harbor NC. How can you not love a boat full of flowers??



An Angels's Trumpet to die for! Lots of different perennial Hibiscus... I don't even know what to call the color of this one...maybe Raspberry Sherbert.
Joe Pye Weed over six feet tall....

Usually some butterflies checking out the blooms....
This time, I bought a fig tree for the beach house so next year we will make our own harvest!

No comments: