Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Thursday, May 21, 2009

Early Thursday

I've been experimenting this week with my husband's fancy camera with the macro lens. Admittedly, I know little about the function of camera, and somewhat intimidated, I just point and shoot at what looks interesting to me. I hope for the best when I download them to the computer!






It is amazing what can be seen in a 20 minute meander around the property, through the lens of this camera. Things that I walk or drive be everyday without really "seeing" them...suddenly are extraordinarily complex in their structure and appearance.



I never noticed the magenta leaf stems on the the Japanese Maple above...or just how delicate the leaves are.



I know that my Oak Leaf Hydrangeas are white....but I never really noticed how pure the white is, especially in contrast to the lush green leaf.

And I never really noticed that those Geranium buds must "pop." A little "googling" got me here...

Time Lapse Video of Geranium Blooming (over 10 days!)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fqOB3atVjOw



Looking forward to the weekend and time to unload the 1 1/2 yards of topsoil compost blend that is riding in the back of my pick-up. The new veggie garden and perennial border should be looking mighty fine by Monday!

No comments: