Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Friday, May 15, 2009

My Mother's Day Present

I had a great Mother's Day! My husband and kids built me a raised bed veggie garden complete with fence to keep the dogs out! I can't believe they did this in one day! It was the best present I ever received.
This is the "before" ...a ~25 x 25 plot that is the perfect location for sun loving veggies.


And after...we shopped the fence from Craigslist. I have been working this week to mulch in between the boxes and start work on the perennial border that will surround the whole thing. I see hummingbirds and butterflies and my typical flower explosion. I have a heap of plants to be put in and a new fig tree for near by. Hope the weather holds, thunderstorms are predicted for the next several days.



No comments: