Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Sunday, May 17, 2009

What An Aggravated Gardener Does On ANOTHER RAINY DAY!!!

"The best kind of rain, of course, is a cozy rain. This is the kind the anonymous medieval poet makes me remember, the rain that falls on a day when you'd just as soon stay in bed a little longer, write letters or read a good book by the fire, take early tea with hot scones and jam and look out the streaked window with complacency."
~Susan Allen Toth, England For All Seasons
Ok...enough already!!! I am tired of laying in bed, my letters are all written, I finished my good book, ate more than my share of scones and feel complacent about complacency!!! It is time for some sunshine!!!!
I know there are people out there that are desperate for a little rain...I would gladly send them some of mine!
Some pics snapped from my porch, as I looked out on the rain....








Maybe the sun will shine tomorrow...sigh

No comments: