Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday I was walking around the garden, watering- which is inconceivable after all the rain we had in the earlier part of the year. But...it is actually dry, and I have to add to my daily mental list-"hey dummy go out and water or your stuff is gonna die!"
Rain is predicted, the skies are gloomy today...a good thing!

Yesterday, I noticed that my feared dead Clematis had a bloom that was swelling....

Today, it has popped!
The patio tomato is doing it's thing...
I know that whole pansy thing is getting tired at this point, but I can't help but love this plant...what color could I call it...
The Hollyhock leaves are HUGE!! Maybe I shoud store my paperclips there!
A hint of a radish growing there...is radish shoulders the correct terminology?

I coax the peas along every day, encouraging them to make fruit before the blast of southern heat is upon us...one of them is listening....
The azaleas are in full bloom...
Can there be any mistake about what is going on behind our backs in the garden???? I think not.

No comments: