Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Friday, March 12, 2010

Drippy Friday

Kind of grey and foggy here this morning with lots of rain on the way. I figured I should check to see if anything sprouted while I was away... lots going on in that garden without any help from me! Peas poking through the dirt.
Radishes...

Spinach...


Arugala to go with the radishes and some yummy blue cheese dressing, one of my favorite salads.
Tiny jewel like drops were hanging on everything as I walked around...

The daffofils that were still tightly budded last week have popped and are leaning with the weight of the dew.


I think it's safe to say spring has arrived!
In other news, one of the 3 eagle eggs at the Norfolk Botanical Garden nest hatched yesterday afternoon. Look here to see the live "Eagle Cam" (my secret addiction)
http://www.wvec.com/marketplace/microsite-content/eagle-cam.html


Here you can track the movement of "Azalea," one of the eagles hatched in the 2009 season.
I have become somewhat obsessed with the activities of these eagles!

No comments: