Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Thursday, June 10, 2010

Buggy Thursday

Lot's of crawlers and fliers in the yard today.
In the weird things I noticed category....after the dragonfly lands, it's tail goes up in the air! Can't imagine what that's about!!
Today was the first day I noticed the Hummingbird Moth's ...Lot's of them buzzing around.
Discussing a matter of some importance...
My corn has tassels!
My best bug picture this year to date...."Wasp on Dill."



2 comments:

Diana Studer said...

'S called sky-pointing. It's a dragonfly thing. Here I could imagine it is to avoid overheating in the summer sun. How is your weather?

MILLIE said...

Greetings from Ohio. It feels like "Tidewater, Virginia" here. Rain, Rain Rain. Anyway..I like dogs, have two. I like dragonflies and usually like people who take pictures of them. Your photos are nice and blog is beautiful. Have a nice day.