Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Sunday, June 20, 2010

Father's Day in the Garden

First...homage to my Dad...oh how I miss him! It's been 4 years almost to the day since I last saw him and nothing is the same without him. Happy Father's Day to my Dad and GoddessSupport!
Yesterday I picked my first Pattypan Squash...isn't it perfect?!?!?! I love the shape and the soft green color.
I feel happy as I approach the garden and see this view...
These coneflowers are "becoming" their fullest version of themselves.
The ditch lilies have morphed into doubles....hmmmm.
This guy has a thing for landing on rocks and stones.
One of my favorite pictures of the year...the light was just perfect...
Maria's corn doing it's thing!
My cantaloupe now has soft green webbing..it's size compared to a quarter....it's neighbor coming along.
More watermelons....
I would conservatively estimate about a hundred Roma tomatoes on these plants...

1 comment:

The Idiot said...

I wish something would start fruiting here; I have the flowers, but no fruits as of yet...