Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Saturday, June 12, 2010

Just Call Me the Mulch Goddess!

I think I have mulched my brains out....or very possibly sweated them out! But I am sold on the many benefits of mulch...the instant beautification for one. But mostly the weed blocking is the best thing going.

Before starting, a small harvest this morning. Cukes are a daily treat now.
During one of my rehydrating breaks, I grabbed my camera to see what I could see...
...or who was seeing me!
A baby watermelon the size of my thumbnail...
My second cantaloupe about chicken egg sized.
My Italian Speckled Red Beans are doing great!
This Coneflower is about 7 feet tall!
Baby Lemon Cucumber...
Unknown bug in a Balloon Flower.
All the Roma tomatoes are making lots of fruit! Got to buy some jars this week.
Mulch, mulch, mulch, mulch, mulch..... back to mulch, mulch, mulch, mulch.

1 comment:

Ellada said...

Hello,
Wow, fantastic photos, I love the macro.