Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Tuesday, May 4, 2010

A Close Up View of Tuesday in the Garden

A Knock out Rose...a new yellow-cream variety....I like it!
Tomatillo...Physalis philadelphica. A relative of the tomato and member of the nightshade (Solanaceae) family. I have never grown these before, but hoping to make some of those great Mexican green sauces if all goes well!

At the end of the road....the last vestige of being a Clematis flower...
My brocolli is kicking butt!
The peas are happily making pods, and GoddessSupport is promptly eating them!
Cherokee Purple Tomato blossom.
Weigelia...I love that color...
My one peony, it's perfect to me.
The end of the line for the Iris also- now their brilliant clear purple has faded to burgandy sofa drab.
An old faithful performer...I wonder where the bees are?
This color was a happy surprise...looks like something you'd find in Key West.

No comments: