Chronicaling the lunacy of taming three acres in Tidewater Virginia, one square foot at a time!

"Gardens... should be like lovely, well-shaped girls: all curves, secret corners, unexpected deviations, seductive surprises and then still more curves. ~H.E. Bates, A Love of Flowers


Monday, May 24, 2010

Hello Captain Obvious!

 Since I have temporarily misplaced the new card reader, I am photo deficient today...BUT, I cracked up at some of the weather postings I have seen today....

In a STUNNING news flash we learn.....

Summer will be warm and the greatest threat for tropical risk is from the north Texas coast to the NC-VA border...while that leaves a little real estate uncovered, I wonder to myself....did we need a meteorologist for this prediction??

 A "hybrid" tropical system  is lurking off the southeast coast. Curiously the Farmer's Almanac predicted this very event for this week!

 Did a few garden chores early this morning....pulled the last bolting radishes that had no hope of developing further...they and some bolted arugula went right on my infant compost heap. I noticed the dill is going to flower already...I think this is oddly early. And can I register my complete and utter hatred for Bermuda grass...whose bright idea was this invasive nightmare!?!? Ugh!

No comments: